Student Device Turn-in
As the school year draws to an end, it is time to start collecting student technology for end of year inventory, clean-up, and setup for the next school year. We have outlined below what to look for when a student is turning in their device as well as a Technology Turn-In form for easy recording.
Students should start preparing to turn in their devices about 3 weeks out. If the student has work, projects, or images they would wish to save, this would be the time to do it.
About a week before school ends, device collection should begin. This allows plenty of time for all devices to make it back to campus. If a student is leaving earlier, make sure to collect their technology before they leave.
What to look for:
Student devices don’t always come back the way they were given, which is why it is important to document any damages to the device so that it can be repaired during the summer.
- Broken, chipped, or cracked screens/displays.
- Won’t charge.
- Charger and charger cable in good condition.
- Mouse and Keyboard are working, no missing buttons or keys.
- Accessories such as dongles, adapters, and cables are in good condition.
- Protective cover isn’t damaged or written on. Cleaning fee’s may apply to any device excessively defaced.
If you have any questions regarding a student device, please send us a support ticket.